You need just three ingredients to make a shampoo bar for your oily hair or scalp.
First, you need green kaolin, which is a clay mineral that’s extremely effective in combating oiliness. In addition to reducing scalp sebum, this natural ingredient also removes impurities and sweat residues.
Second, you need peppermint essential oil to absorb excess sebum and buildup on your scalp. If you are feeling fancy, you can use a 1-to-1 blend of peppermint and rosemary essential oil blend.
Third, you need a soap-free melt and pour base to make the solid shampoo bar.
Oil War Shampoo BarCourse: Hair CareDifficulty: Medium
Ditch your clarifying shampoo for this eco-friendly shampoo bar for oily hair.
500 g soap-free melt and pour base
10 g green kaolin
5 g peppermint essential oil
- Mix the green kaolin and peppermint essential oil in a glass bowl using a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- Cut 500g of soap-free melt and pour base into small pieces and place them in a microwave-safe measuring cup.
- Put the measuring cup with the soap-free melt and pour base in the microwave to melt the base at around 85°C in intervals of about 20 seconds.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir the melted base and make sure that there are no unmelted base.
- Pour the green kaolin and peppermint essential oil mixture into the measuring cup with the melted base. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a suitable soap mould and allow to set.
- Once set, remove from the mould. According to the manufacturer Stephenson, the shampoo bars can be removed more easily from the soap mould if it has been left for 24 hours in a cool place. Once they are removed from the mould, the bars will continue to harden.
- Buy Stephenson Syndopour Soap-Free Base 1kg
Buy Purely Peppermint Essential Oil 10ml
Buy Purely Organic Rosemary Verbenone Essential Oil 10ml
Buy Purely Green Kaolin 60g
Buy Square Silicone Soap Mould 4/125g
- Stephenson Syndopour Soap-Free Base turns clear when it is in a molten state. It will revert back to opaque once it hardens and sets.
- It is recommended that the level of additives to be included in the Stephenson Syndopour Soap-Free Base be up to 3% maximum. This level would include up to 2% fragrance.
- Stephenson Syndopour Soap-Free Base does sweat. Shrink wrap the shampoo bar to prevent it from sweating.